AT&T Data Security Analysts Brian Rexroad and John Markley discuss the week's top cyber security news, and share news on the current trends of malware, spam, and internet anomalies observed on the AT&T Network.
- 1:28 - DNS Changer - Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Also see Brian's blog post on DNS Changer
- 9:20 - Windows 8 Metro brings new security risks, says McAfee
- 13:19 - Thoughts on the Android "Botnet"
- 19:39 - an examination of software patching trends, and does Microsoft's update frequency paint an optimistic picture for the future of software security?
- 30:00 - The Internet Weather Report - Brian Rexroad breaks down the most probed and scanned ports on the AT&T Network. This week, Brian continues his examination of DVRBot, probing attempts on many ports that are likely an attempt to find any sort of exploitable embedded software device.
Other ports that we're looking at this week:
Originally recorded July 12, 2012.
AT&T ThreatTraq welcomes your e-mail questions and feedback.