AT&T Data Security Analysts Brian Rexroad, John Hogoboom, Todd Waskelis, and Stan Nurilov discuss the week's top cyber security news, and share news on the current trends of malware, spam, and internet anomalies observed on the AT&T Network.
- 1:32 - 2016 Trends:
- Industrial espionage declines
- Ransomware via spamming increases
- Targeted ransomware attacks increase
- Mobile malware somewhat under control
- IoT exploits grow significantly to fuel commercialized DDoS services
- 13:48 - John's forecasts - More Internet of Things headaches
- 22:17 - Stan's forecasts - Fake stories sensationalizing threats
- 29:53 - Todd's forecasts - Cardholder fraud data continues
- 34:25 - Brian's forecasts - Virtual currency scams
Originally recorded December 13, 2016.
AT&T ThreatTraq welcomes your e-mail questions and feedback.